Botswana is a landlocked country in Southern Africa bordered by Namibia, South Africa, and Zimbabwe. It has a semi-arid climate and has a notable feature which is the Kalahari Desert. Around 70% of the country is engulfed by the Kalahari Desert. It has an area of 224, 607 square miles and has a subtropical climate. It is semi-arid depending on the area. The dry season is from April to October. From November through March, there is rainfall. Drought is a problem in Botswana, but the Kalahari desert does receive more rainfall than other deserts. Botswana is also covered by savanna. Botswana is known for tourism since safaris are popular in order to see the wide variety of animals within the country. The major ethnic group in Botswana is Tswana, and the other ethnic groups that are big are the Bushmen and Kalanga. One of the native languages of Botswana is Setswana
Some landmarks is Botswana are Chobe National Park, Moremi Game Reserve, and Central Kalahari Game Reserve. It is a member of the United Nations, the Commonwealth, and the African Union. Although the country is subtropical and semi arid, in winter, temperatures fall near freezing and there is frost at night. Droughts take place and can last up to five to six years, which causes many negative effects within the country, Botswana is stable in terms of its political aspects, having a multi-party democracy and general elections which are held every five years. Since 1966, the Botswana Democratic Party has ruled the country
2,407,674 people as of 2021
Botswana is Africa’s oldest continuous democracy.
Botswana has free basic education, but a lot of the information provided is gender sensitive and targets rural and urban women. Negative images and stereotypes contribute to prejudice against women and girls. The information received by children in Botswana is not accurate and reflects outdated ideals. Negativity is being spread through the course of education. In order to combat this, activities that prevent negative information from being circulated must be done.
General Summary of our work:
Strive2Thrive Edu works with organizations in Botswana who help communities who are struggling. We provide educational resources such as tutoring and video lessons. This is done to ensure that children in these areas are given the equal opportunities to become successful in the future. Our main goal is for kids to learn more effectively as a result of our efforts. Strive2Thrive Edu offers programs in a variety of subjects, We want students to be able to chase their passions while also getting a good education through these classes.
Importance of our work section and some of the impacts:
Strive2Thrive Edu goes a long way to helping individuals in need, especially students and their families who are struggling financially. With a wide range of programs available to students, we strive to assist students who wish to excel in their studies and prepare for future success. Strive2Thrive Edu is working hard to ensure that every student has access to high-quality education
Curabitur sed iaculis dolor, non congue ligula. Maecenas imperdiet ante eget hendrerit posuere. Nunc urna libero, congue porta nibh a, semper feugiat sem. Sed auctor dui eleifend, scelerisque eros ut, pellentesque nibh. Nam lacinia suscipit accumsan. Donec sodales, neque vitae rutrum convallis.
United Nations Sustainable Development Goal (UN SDGs) Section:
Specific UN Goals: 1. No Poverty Description of what the goal is(write the target):
- 1.1 ERADICATE EXTREME POVERTY
- 1.2 REDUCE POVERTY BY AT LEAST 50%
- 1.4 EQUAL RIGHTS TO OWNERSHIP, BASIC SERVICES,
Specific UN Goals: 3 :Quality Education Description of what the goal is(write the target):
- 4.1 FREE PRIMARY AND SECONDARY EDUCATION
- 4.3 EQUAL ACCESS TO AFFORDABLE TECHNICAL, VOCATIONAL AND HIGHER EDUCATION
- 4.4 INCREASE THE NUMBER OF PEOPLE WITH RELEVANT SKILLS FOR FINANCIAL SUCCESS
- 4.5 ELIMINATE ALL DISCRIMINATION IN EDUCATION
Specific UN Goals: 10. Reduced Inequalities Description of what the goal is(write the target):
- 10.1 REDUCE INCOME INEQUALITIES
- 10.3 ENSURE EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES AND END DISCRIMINATION How we are advancing it/how does our work relate: One of our three cornerstones at Strive2Thrive Edu is community development. This means that we place a high value on ensuring that everyone is equal and has access to the same opportunities. We accomplish this by offering tutoring in a variety of subjects. We have numerous tutors to teach students and assist them increase their knowledge in Botswana. Strive2Thrive Edu guarantees that all students have the same opportunity.